Monday, September 18, 2006

Quick updates

I wanted to post a few quick updates.

My car was fixed last week. I had blown out the idle controller and my fuel injectors needed cleaning & repair. It was good to have my car back. I want to take care of this one because I like it and I was allowed to pick it out when I bought it. Jon won't let me pick out a new car this time around so I'm being stubborn and refusing to even look.

Jonnie and I went to a wine & cheese social on Friday night for the Women's ministry at our church. Jonnie had a great time playing with other kids that were there; thankfully the women planning the event were able to get babysitters or I couldn't have gone. I had a great time talking with my friends, meeting new women, and learning about upcoming projects. Jon was at an IDPA match in Michigan Friday and Saturday. He had a good time but didn't do very well. That's all I know.

I realized yesterday when I was out shopping that fall is quickly approaching as I picked out a wreath for my front door with nice fall colors. While Jon and Jonnie slept on the couch during the NASCAR race, I went out and started working on clearing our back wooded lot. Jon had me spray the lot twice earlier this year. He cannot work in this area because there is poison ivy and poison oak and he's allergic. He told me to clear out the area but I never got to it, it was too hot, I forgot....you know. I started working on it yesterday and got quite a bit cleared but realized that I don't have the right tools for the job. Rose pruners and a hatchet are not what I need. I get off work early today so I am stopping at Lowe's to get a bow saw and some heavy duty long-handled cutters. I want to lay black plastic down back in this area and secure it with landscaping pins so that grass and weeds don't grow back . I probably will not cover the plastic this year but I need to do something with it next year. The area is too lumpy for pavers and I don't think I can get it leveled. Jon wants to put a picnic table back there and I'd like to put a swing or hammock back there. I think I might look at the "permanent" mulch that is made out of recycled tires since the area will have foot traffic. There is an edging border that I want to put at the front of the area to separate it from the yard and it's also made out of recycled tires and looks like mulch.

I'd better get back to work. I'm eating lunch and working because it's been a day of meetings.

Take care!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home