Tuesday, August 15, 2006

STRESS!!!!!!!!!

If something else doesn't kill me, stress will!

I think I've had 24 hour stress since Friday when we had the maintenance go bad at work. We had the house closing that day but work stress and chastizing by a co-worker overshadowed that. I got home and we had 4 bags of wings to make for the IDPA luncheon on Saturday. I was up early on Saturday because Jon had his match but Jonnie was up before I felt I could get anything done. I felt horrible on Saturday because I drank a wee bit too much wine on Friday night. I fell asleep while Jonnie watched a movie. We went to a pool party on Saturday night and I was already nervous about helping Jonnie in the water but I did it anyhow and it went fairly well except for Jonnie kept going between the big pool and the kiddie pool. It was rather chilly so we finally ended up getting out of the pool for good because Jonnie was shivering. He and I sat down and ate some pizza & dessert while Jon socialized and got audit signatures.

We went to church on Sunday. Jon had to get the van worked on so he went his way while Jonnie and I went our way. We bought groceries at Kroger. Jon called before I could get in the house. I called him back to find out that Jon had to take the van on Monday for a complete brake job. Jon got home and we finally ate lunch. Jon watched Jonnie for a little over an hour so I could read some RFP bids for work. We watched the NASCAR Cup race. Jonnie fell asleep so I went out and weeded my front flower bed. I also transplanted a couple of bushes that I had planted on the side of the house because they were not doing well there. It looks pretty good. Jon was working on IDPA scores so I ended up making dinner. He spent the whole night working on scores. I had 450 printed newsletters that were due to the church by Tuesday and needed to be folded. I started folding them by hand before Jon finally started folding them with the machine. The folding machine & I are not friends so I was preparing for a late night of folding newsletters until Jon finally stepped in.

Work was considerably busy yesterday. Jonnie and I met Jon for dinner. I dropped Jon off so he could get the van but it was not done so we went home. Jon finally got home after 9 PM but with brand new brakes completely for free. He has to take the van back tomorrow because the mechanic stripped a lug and they need to replace it and have not been able to get the right lug yet.

Today at work has been horrible! Clients are angry because we've done a lot of maintenance and then we lost a lambda of our dark fiber ring. Thankfully, that finally cleared up before lunch. I hope to take a break in a little bit to go for a walk to help rejuvinate. I have to pick Jonnie up from school again today because Jon has class. Since we did not make it to Holy Day mass night (the church was full with no parking since we were late), Jonnie and I are going to try and go tonight. I pray that Jonnie behaves!

I need to try and get things packed for a trip we're taking this weekend. We're heading back to Leetonia on Friday night. Jon has a shooting match on Saturday while Jonnie & I are going to Jon's cousin Michael's wedding & reception. I'm a bit nervous about controlling Jonnie at the wedding. If he's too bad, I might ask Jon's Dad if he can take Jonnie and I back to his house before the reception since there are several hours between each. I have a gift for Michael & Jessica that is ready to go so I can give it to Jon's Dad & Elaine to take the reception if I need to.

Did I post that I got my center cap back for my car? Apparently NTB still had it and Jon asked about it when he was there on Sunday. I fixed my windshield wipers by filling up the fluid which was completely empty!

I'd better get back to work so that I can take my walk after my lunch finishes settling!

1 Comments:

At 9:40 AM , Blogger Sarah Reinhard said...

It must be something in the air this week......................

Hope hump day is going better for you... :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home