Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Jon gets home tomorrow!

I'm very excited because Jon gets home from New York tomorrow. It will be so good to see him. As a treat to welcome him home, I have some steaks marinating in the frig. The recipe is from my new cookbook called Cooking with Less Iron. I paged through it last night while Jonnie was watching TV and there are some tasty recipes. I found a pasta salad recipe that is similiar to a recipe I'd already chosen to make for the Italian Fest hosted by my FIL on August 4th. I'm going to make the reduced iron recipe. The secret ingredients in many of the recipes in this book are coffee or tea. The marinade I made for the steaks has a coffee base. Coffee and tea help to reduce iron absorption.

Since my post yesterday, I have emailed out 10 more letters to newspapers around the state. I hit the Cleveland, Toledo, Cincinnati, and Dayton areas today or I should say I started because each of these cities has more than one newspaper.

I talked to my Mom last night and found out our cousin Judy Sutton-Gall passed away over the weekend. Her death was very unexpected because she had not been ill. She was found by a neighbor who had a key to her house after Judy had not been outside for a few days. My Mom isn't going to try and drive down for the calling hours on Thursday afternoon so I took a few hours off work so I can attend for her. I'm not sure any of my other cousins are going to recognize me as it's been almost 10 years since I've seen them when cousin Johnny passed away.

Tonight's movie presentation has been a $1 Wal-Mart special Betty Boop DVD. The episodes are primarily black and white but they're being shown in HD on a 61-inch TV. Go figure. I enjoy them; my favorite one has a catchy little tune called "You Gotta Have Pep". Ha.....Betty never mentions getting pep from Starbucks in her song!

Signing off for now.....have a good night!

1 Comments:

At 10:03 PM , Blogger Sarah Reinhard said...

YAY! Hubby home, and another great use for coffee. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home