Saturday, July 22, 2006

Silly Saturday

Jonnie and I have had a pretty good day today. I finally got him to watch something other than Shark Tale. Between last night and today, we watched it 5 or 6 times. I was beginning to memorize the story line. We've played trains, built puzzles, and read books today. Jonnie napped for a couple of hours. I folded some laundry, made & ate dinner, and read more of Elder Rage. Jonnie asked for a bath after his nap. His appetite's weird today. He barely ate earlier and now he's eating everything. His on his second batch of 2 hot dogs, apple chunks plus he's eating some animal crackers & fruit loops that he'd been picking on before his nap. We're on our second Thomas movie of the evening. Thomas is such a refreshing change from Shark Tale!

My husband Jon is doing well today. He had a nice long sleep but still sounds weak to me when I have talked to him. His Dad and Elaine drove to Rochester and they'll be staying until tomorrow. They went out shopping and Jon found some wine that I've been looking for called Sokol Blosser Evolution. I tried this at Stoney River a month ago and loved it but have not been able to find it in the Dublin wine shops. Jon's Dad is taking the case of wine home and we'll pick it up when we go to his house next month for the Italian Festival.

I've been working on planning a date night for Jon & I next Saturday. I have a sitter lined up for Jonnie. I put out an email at the office asking about an Italian place in Powell to see if it's any good or not. After dinner, I think we're going to do some pistol shooting at the Powder Room. I haven't fired a gun in so long, I'm not even sure I can load a mag anymore! Jon seems to be pretty excited about the evening I have planned for next week.

I looked over and saw Tiger sitting on the perch looking possessed. I got up and found there are bunnies eating grass in the back yard and that's why Tiger is acting the way he is. We think we have a family of bunnies living in our old Christmas trees we put in our back wooded area. We found this after I sprayed the area with chemicals trying to kill off poison ivy and poison oak. The bunnies don't have 3 ears or anything so the chemicals did not seem to affect them if they do have a nest where I had been spraying the weed killer.

I should go see what Jonnie is up to. He's got one of his Thomas trains running; it has probably come off the track and is laying on its side using up battery power. Have a good evening. I'm not sure when I will post tomorrow as I have a busy morning with us going to mass and possibly the zoo. I have my bag packed and the stroller in my car so I'm ready for the zoo if God is willing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home