Thursday, July 20, 2006

Thursday evening update.

Tonight's movie is Shrek and so far we're into a double-header. The good news is that Jonnie agreed to a bath between showings. He was so dirty that you could see the dirt on his skin so he was getting bathed whether he liked it or not. The dinner menu for tonight has been cheese balls & fruit loops for young Jon while I had a salad with chicken and some water. I've been so busy when I get home after work that I'm not sitting down to eat until almost 7 PM.

My dear husband is really tired today. I talked with him and I could almost feel his exhaustion through the phone. The hotel had burgers & hot dogs for happy hour so he got something to eat without needing to fuss too much. I had to forward some email to him since he accidentally left his personal email open at home. He's got a laundry list of Knights things to do but I don't know if he'll be able to do any of them because he's not at home and because he's so tired right now. The upside is that his blood pressure has been stable. Jon's doctor called and left a message saying they did not find anything abnormal in the recent blood sample they took on Monday. Jon needs to call and follow-up tomorrow. Since finding out that Jon has hemochromatosis, I've informed several of his friends in the Knights so they could get the word out to other members. I've gotten some encouraging responses from people who have friends with this same disease who are coping and doing quite well. These friends are leading happy, healthy, and active lives. That makes me feel a bit better although we're not at that point yet with Jon. Jon is still miserable and not able to do much because he gets so tired.

Jon always tells me he loves me when we're on the phone and I delayed in responding to him earlier. It certainly isn't because I don't love him! I told him that I feel so overwhelmed right now and that life is spinning out of control. If it weren't for emails I get during the day and the time spent at work, I think I would go crazy. I am really lonely even though I have Jonnie and the cats. I'm somewhat dreading the weekend since I won't have people around me during the day like I do at work. I might take Jonnie to the zoo on Saturday so we get out of the house for a bit and, of course, we have to go to church on Sunday. I feel like I want to break down and cry but I'm not able to cry. Maybe it's because I feel I need to be strong for Jonnie who keeps asking where Daddy is. Maybe it's because I'm so tired. Maybe it's because I feel like I'm on autopilot getting to bed at 11:30 PM, getting up at 5:30 AM, getting young Jon to school at 7 AM, getting to work at 7:30 AM, working all the live long day, getting off work at 4:30 PM, picking Jon up at 5 PM, and getting home at 5:30 PM. Get the picture?

That's about all there is to write about for now. I should probably catch up on my postal mail. Thanks to all of you who have sent encouraging emails or made encouraging posts. I truly, truly appreciate it. I also appreciate all of your prayers. I am grateful to be blessed with people like you in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home