Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I'm back!

I'm finally back to the blog after taking a few days off. On Friday & Monday, I ran errands and went to appointments. On Saturday & Sunday, we were in Leetonia for the 2nd Annual Italian Fest which was awesome! We had lots of tasty food and good drink; I had a little too much good drink and ended up taking a 2 hour nap late Saturday afternoon.

On Friday, I stocked up at Sam's club again. Do you know how awkward a 45-roll box of toilet paper is to carry? It's not heavy, just awkward. There were diapers, wipes, fruit snacks, iced tea bags, cat food & litter. I'm lucky that my car was not dragging the ground again!

On Monday, I had a follow-up with my doctor regarding my anti-depressant therapy. I'm going to switch from Lexapro to a new medicine that begins with a "C"; I cannot remember the name off hand. It's very similiar but the new medicine costs only $10 for a 90 day supply instead of $60. I also got a new script to be cast for new orthotic inserts. I hope to see our friend Erich who made my orignals 10 years ago so he can cast my new ones. I had car maintenance done and it's starting to be that I get a list of things I need to do after I finish completing one list of things for my car. Yesterday was a oil change, tire rotation & balance. Did you know that balacing is a separate charge from rotation? That's annoying. In a few weeks, I need to go back and have my corroded battery contacts cleaned and have my brakes bled because my brake fluid is dirty. Lovely.

Dieting and exercise has been fun. So far, I've been doing well since we got back home. Jon's trying but he still needs to get used to some things. He's struggling with salami & pepperoni not being as healthy as lean ham or turkey. I made him a salami sandwich yesterday but he only got 2 slices of salami. We had a debate at dinner last night over the slathering of tartar sauce he put all over his healthy sauteed fish and then the hunk of pepperoni and peanut butter toast he ate after dinner! I've walked for 30-40 minutes for the past 2 days and I am going to be taking a walk here shortly at the walking track near my office.

I'd better eat my peach so that I can let my lunch settle before I take my walk. I had lean turkey and light swiss on rye with a peach for lunch.

Have a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home