Saturday, July 29, 2006

Date night!

Jon and I had our date night tonight. We went to Tria Greek Kuzina in Powell for dinner which was really good with leftovers! Jon had a dinner gyro and I had the gyro platter which had feta cheese, the cucumber sauce, and pita on the side instead of rolled into the sandwich. We had Baklava for dessert. We went shooting up at the Powder Room. I tried Jon's XD pistols but spent most of my time shooting the Beretta. The guy in the lane to our left was shooting a 45 caliber and he had brass flying everywhere. When I was at the line getting ready to fire a piece of his brass hit me in the neck. It really burned and I still have a welt to prove it! I've been hit with brass before but nothing like this one. It's one of the dangers of shooting. After shooting, we went over to Toys R Us and looked around. We bought Jonnie 24 puzzles from the movie Cars.

We ended the evening at Kroger doing our grocery shopping. It was kind of nice because the store was not crowded and we didn't have one of those silly car carts! The funniest part of the night was in the frozen food aisle when Jon was picking out pot pies. Kroger's were on sale for 50 cents each and Banquet pies are 52 cents every day. Jon said he wanted to get the Banquet ones. He starts putting the Banquet pot pies in the cart when he starts cussing up a storm. The chicken pot pies had Tony Stewart on the package. Jon said he could not buy Banquet pot pies if Tony Stewart was on the package. He used a few other words which I will not repeat. I was laughing hysterically as I watched Jon take all of the Banquet pot pies out of the cart and he replaced them all with the Kroger pot pies. Jon muttered that he refused to buy the pies with Tony Stewart on them and quickly added that he saved 2 cents a package anyhow. Maybe you had to be there to see how funny it was!

Jonnie is watching a Thomas movie on the big screen. Jon turned the NASCAR race on in our room so I think I'll head up there to watch that before I turn in for the night.

Take care and have a wonderful rest of the weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home