Friday, July 28, 2006

Home with ill child

Well, I am home today with an ill child. Jonnie was sent home with a fever late yesterday afternoon. Jon left work early to pick him up while I made phone calls and sent emails to arrange for my absence from work today.

I made it to the calling hours for our cousin Judy. Her mouth was positioned really weird and I told Mom that she looked like she was scowling at everyone. I talked to my other cousins Steve & David whom I had not seen since their Dad passed about 10 years ago. I told Mom that just as when we were kids, Steve is the chattier of the two. I also talked to their Dad's widow for a while. Although I don't like funeral homes and such, I am glad that I went. I know Mom really appreciated that I went for the family. The flowers she sent were really nice; it was a small fall color bouquet because Judy liked fall colors.

Jonnie is eating some pop tarts, drinking juice, and watching movies right now. I'd better get a few other things done. Take care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home