Monday, September 11, 2006

My God, My God, why have you abandoned me?

Jesus uttered these words while he hung from the Cross. Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice for us, feeling abandoned and lonely.

While I am not hanging on a Cross, I am feeling as if God abandonded me. I told my Mom on the phone that I feel like we take two steps forward (selling our old house) and now I feel like we're falling backward down a steep hill.

Jon has a follow-up appointment with his doctor on Wednesday. Aside from regaining the pound that he lost, Jon found a lump in his groin a few weeks ago. Hopefully, it is nothing but a cloud of doubt and concern still remains.

In my last post, I bragged about how well Jonnie was doing with going to the potty. Over the weekend, he seemed to have forgotten that he ever learned how to use the bathroom. He ran into the bathroom like before but I found him standing in front of the toilet with his shorts and underwear still pulled up and completely missing the toilet. On Saturday, he started laughing because he thought it was funny that he went pee on my shoe. I could have cared less about my shoe; it was the hardwood floor in our office that he peed on that freaked me out. What a mess!

My car went from mysteriously being fine to not running literally overnight. We went to Lebanon yesterday for the "Day Out with Thomas" program. Jon asked me if I could drive. I drove 42 the whole way so it was an easy drive. I kept my car around 62-63 for most stretches of 42. I had to pass a couple of Sunday drivers. Everything seemed just fine. I loaded the car for work this morning, Jon had put Jonnie in his car seat (he insists on being carried to the car by Daddy), kissed Jon good-bye, and I jumped in the car to leave. No go. The car will turn over but it will not stay running. Jon tried without any luck. So it was move everyone over to Jon's van only to have Jonnie innocently announce "Mommy's car doesn't work". Thanks, Jonnie.

Although these three situations leave me feeling abandoned, I truly am not abandoned. God works in mysterious ways and he's worked for me by:

1. My friend & co-worker Aaron driving by the bus stop this morning and offering me a ride to work. I was able to get to work before the next bus would have come and picked me up!

2. My Adoration partner Bobbi taking our hour tonight solo so I can get my car towed to a dealer to be fixed.

3. Jon still being at the house so that Jonnie and I could get to work and school.

4. My workplace being a flexible environment so that I can adjust my hours slightly while Jon and I carpool today and tomorrow.

Gee, I felt abandoned 3 times but have been blessed 4. I think that truly proves that although I felt like God abandoned me that he was really there and watching over me as he always does.

1 Comments:

At 10:47 PM , Blogger Sarah Reinhard said...

I love how you counted your blessings and came up with more than the bummers!

Praying, praying for you. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home