Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Long time, no post!

Sorry that it's been such a long time since I've posted. The last few weeks have been crazy at the Santini homestead. We've had weddings, funerals, and car maintenance taking up a great deal of time. I hope that we are done with all 3 for a while!

Jonnie officially started in the pre-school room at Enchanted Care today. Last week was transition week and the teachers said he was doing really well. Although the teachers at the school know kids in the different rooms, I'm trying to clean up Jonnie's image a little bit now that he's started preschool. I bought him some new clothes to start school and I'm trying to stay away from sweatpants this year. I'm trying to reserve sweatpants for Saturdays when we are at home. Today, I had Jonnie dressed in a pair of pull-on khakis with reinforced knees and a button-down plaid shirt. He looked handsome! He's still wearing athletic shoes because that is what's mostly available for his age group and it's what is most reasonably priced, too.

I have to brag that Jonnie doing much better on the potty training front. He was home last week for an inservice day and I told him that he needed to use the potty because I was not going to put him in underwear. He did really well. He's at the point where he'll get up and running into the half bath downstairs and go potty on his own. If he doesn't announce that he's going to the potty, you still know he went because he drops the lids when he's doing peeing. You can hear that crash throughout the whole house. We're still trying to get him to understand knowing when he needs to sit on the toilet for a bowel movement. That's coming along more slowly but I'm sure we'll get there.

I'll be taking a class starting September 19th that runs for 3 Tuesdays on car care basics. I want to learn more about how to care for my car so I can do more things on my own and so that I understand what I am being told at the repair shop. I was most recently told that my stablizers on my car need replaced and that my frame is out of camber on the left side and I need to have it fixed at a frame shop. So far, about six men that I've shared this with have told me this is a huge load of crap. Jon wants me to get a new car but I don't want to because I like not having a car payment. I feel we have other debt that we need to reduce and/or eliminate before I go out and buy a different car. I'm approaching 52K miles on my 1999 Mercury Mystique so it should still have plenty of life in it. I have co-workers with cars older than mine with twice as many miles that are like me in that they don't want car payments. I washed and waxed my car yesterday and it looks good. I need to shampoo the carpets on the inside because I've had a few coffee spills and I should do a leather treatment on the seats. I have a rust spots forming on the passengers side and scratches on the drivers side. Although I looked at cars online during lunch, I still think I want to put it off.

After I finish my car care class, I'll be starting a Supervison & Management course on October 5th. This class meets every Thursday through November 30th. I'm excited about the opportunity to go back to school. My Dad is excited because I've promised him an "OSU Dad" ball cap!

I'd better get back to work; I've got meetings coming up soon. Take care!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home