Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday March 15th Dayboook

I missed posting my Daybook last week since we had family in from out of town and I didn't spend as much time on the computer as normal. By Sunday night last weekend, everyone was ready to pull their hair out and I couldn't wait to get back to work. The little 4 year old girl visiting was making us all nuts to the point where our son wanted her to leave and doesn't want her to come back. Anyhow, the daybook!

Outside: Dark - can't see past the black cat sitting on the corner of my desk to observe anything else!

Kitchen: Disaster area! I swept and mopped yesterday which was much needed. The dishwasher is unloaded but Jon hasn't loaded it yet. It's better than it was but still a disaster.

Tasks: After mass we need to go to the grocery store. We also need to go to Sam's and Petsmart. I'm inclined to ask Jon that we go 2 directions rather than dragging everyone around. Since I can't lift 40 pound bags of cat litter, guess where he gets to go? ;-) We also talked about going to the rec center. I need the exercise but would rather curl up and sleep on a mat than walk!

Nose Inserted: I'm 5 days behind but plugging away at "The Daily Bible". I had several days last week where I collapsed into bed without reading or fell asleep in bed while watching TV with Jon & missed reading. I've read pages from the magazine "Catholic Digest" that I carry in my work bag. I caught up a little on my Lenten Journal. I finished reading "The Culprit & The Cure" for my last research study session Tuesday. I've also read "Sola Scriptura" and "Streetwise Spirituality". Let's day stealing a second hour of Adoration on Wednesday while my son was at PSR was wonderful. Maybe I'll do it again if Jon has fish fry stuff to unload!

Hands Folded, Head Bowed: At Adoration on Monday of last week I prayed the Divine Mercy Chaplet with the intention of Gerard Tracy, Jr who lost his battle with cancer. Otherwise, it's been prayers here and there as you've seen on my prayers box on Facebook.

In my Ears: I found some really cool workout music FREE from iTunes. I worked out on the Gazelle to zippy little number. Other than this, the iPod has been silent.

Around the House: The furnace is running, the new couch & love seat are here, the TV room carpet has been steam cleaned. We donated our old furniture to a church in Marysville. We had 24 hours from the time the old was picked up until the new was being delivered to clean the TV room carpet. Jon did an awesome job. It was long overdue for a cleaning since it's a very high traffic area.

Rest of the Week: I planned a stop at NAPA on Monday for a bulb Jon needs for the van but Jon "doesn't want to waste the time" since he has 2 other brake lights. I have Adoration on Monday (yeah!). I need to bake a cake for the fish fry. Books still need to go to Half-Price. Should start looking for gray sweat shirt material for Jonnie's elephant costume. He told me yesterday that the school play is the "Sleeping Sloth" and he is the gray elephant. I'm determined to make the costume rather than buy one since they are starting at $25. Gray sweats, a gray t-shirt, and an old ball cap covered with gray material with ears & a trunk should do the trick.

Time is flying and I need to have breakfast and fit in some reading before my shower, dragging Jon out of bed, and dressing Jonnie while dragging him out of bed.

Blessings for a great week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home