Monday, February 16, 2009

School In-service Daybook

It's Monday and I have the day off since my son's school is closed for in-service. I'm up early because my hubby still had to go to work so I heard his alarm about 4 times as he kept hitting the snooze.

Outside: There is an owl out there somewhere. I heard it between Jon's alarm. I can't see it, unfortunately. I heard birds chirping although it's dark.

Kitchen: Hot pot of coffee and a few dirty dishes. Candle burning to combat the litter box present left by Midnight.

Tasks: General around the house clean up. Take a shower. Wait for Best Buy to deliver replacement TV #2 (bought original in 2005, that one replaced in 2006, replacement now being replaced) later this afternoon. I also need to work on Jon's University Staff Advisory Committee Application. Put the rope "crust" on the pizzas for Jonnie's school project to celebrate 100 days of school this week. I'll have to take some pictures and post them.

Nose Inserted: I've continued to read the "Daily Bible" from Guideposts and I sneaked in a few pages of the traditional Bible last week. I have also read "Sola Scriptura", "Streetwise Spirituality", "The Culprit & the Cure", plus "Steps by the Big Book".

Folded Hands, Head Bowed: For my husband who stood by me last week when I was an absolute witch. For his helping me realize my dependency on alcohol and for supporting me in getting help. For both he and Jonnie for making the weekend very special despite my being sick & in bed for part of it.

In my Ears: My iPod is unplugged because I was using the USB extension cord for other USB devices. I eventually plan to use my new headset & microphone combo to participate in some interactive on-line AA meetings.

Around the House: Midnight is asleep in my office chair so I had to bring Jon's chair to my desk. Tiger was in the kitchen and Jonnie is still in bed.

Rest of the Week: Adoration tonight, PSR on Wednesday, Assembly family dinner on Thursday at Longhorn, grocery shopping on Friday, FOD luncheon on Saturday & volunteer dinner for St. Joe's on Saturday night. I hope to meet my friend Pat for coffee on Thursday morning and Jon's trying to get in for his physical therapy evaluation this week. Guess I'd better tie on my Livestrong sneakers and hit the ground running for a busy week!

Pictures from my Birthday:

I was wearing the new turtleneck & vest the guys got me. I later had to change into a polar fleece because I was freezing!

What a ham! Jonnie was looking like Shaggy from "Scooby Doo" before his hair cut. He wanted to keep looking like Shaggy but Daddy did not agree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home