Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My first Daybook attempt

My friend Sarah has been doing this cool thing called a Daybook for a while. Since I am home today resting from a trigger point procedure yesterday at the Cleveland Clinic (good bye pain!), I thought I might give it a go.

Outside my window: Snow and a dormant rose of Sharon bush.

Room to ramble: Probably won't ramble too much this week although it's exciting to be pain free. The two pain meds I have to take for the next 30 days make me really sleepy. I learned last night that I need to take them *after* I read.

Kitchen meanderings: It's a mess. Dirty dishes left from last week when we ran out the door for Cleveland. I plan to unload the dishwasher and Jon will hand wash the pesky pots & pans when he gets home.

Nose inserted: I read my Daily Bible from Guideposts while I was away. I tried to read last night but fell asleep thanks to the new meds. I bought several new books when we had time to go out last week on a short day of appointments. I started reading "Streetwise Spirituality" by Jim Thomas. It helps the reader understand the connection between faith in God and real life. So far I am enjoying it. I also have "Sola Scriptura" which I haven't read since Adoration on January 19th.

Folded Hands, Bowed Head: In thanksgiving for the great doctors at the Cleveland Clinic especially the two guys in pain management who found my inter-costal nerves and muscles seem to have been my problem. For their steady hands during the trigger point procedure. For great friends and family who have been with me all along.

In my Ears: I don't listen to music too much outside the car although we have plenty of CD players and MP3 players around the house. The only thing I hear right now are my fleecy Crocs clunking in the dryer. I could not get the liner out so I hand washed them in the sink. Trying to see if 20 minutes will help lessen the wetness so they can air dry the rest of the way.

Around the House: Waiting for the Best Buy guy to come and fix the family room TV. It has a red spot at the bottom of the screen. Midnight asleep in the other office chair. Tiger removed from a basket of clean clothes and placed on the bed. Piles of mail to get through.

A Favorite Thing: Being pain free is feeling really, really good!

For the Rest of the Week: Hoping the snow fizzles out and goes somewhere else. Taking Jonnie back over to Deacon Tony's on Thursday night so we can leave at 6 AM on Friday for more appointments at the Cleveland Clinic.

Worth a Thousand Words: Jon took some pictures of me at the Clinic yesterday when the one doctor commented that my left side of my face was swollen. He also took some pictures of me before my trigger point procedure wearing a lovely blue mesh cap to cover all of my hair. Our friend Kate told him that I looked "smashing" after he sent her the picture. The pictures are on Jon's phone which is on his belt holding up his jeans over at OSU.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home