Sunday, January 11, 2009

Update on my considerations

Last week I posted about my 2009 considerations instead of resolutions. I thought I'd share my progress. It helps keep me accountable.

Exercising my Brain - I feel like the past week taxed my brain, at least at work. At home, I have done nightly reading except for Thursday when I was really sick. I also did several word searches last week doing most of them yesterday!

Exercising my Body - This hasn't happened since I posted about wanting to do it. I did not expect to have a painful flare up on Sunday into Monday that swelled me to the point where I could not wear my wedding rings or certain shoes. Once that calmed down, I had a 3-day headache that had me feeling feverish yet chilled.

Cooking more, Eating out Less - This has gone well. The last meal we had out as a family was for Jon's birthday the last week of December. Jon went out to lunch with a friend on Friday. I am slated to go out to lunch with a group from work while the sales engineer from Project.net is visiting us on Tuesday. Given that I only take a lunch break once every several months, I don't feel this is being too frivolous. The past week featured two nights where Jon cooked. He made grilled catfish on Friday and mini meatloaves on Saturday. Jonnie had been begging Jon to make his meatloaf.

Spending More Wisely - This ties in a little with making sure to eat at home instead of out and we're doing fairly well there. I have not made any purchases recently so I'm doing good. I have to go to the grocery store today but that is necessary spending as long as I work hard to stay with my list!

I could complain about my progress but I won't. Last week was brutal with deadlines and being double-whammied with sickness. The week ahead brings 4 presentations, training sessions where I support the teacher, meeting after meeting, homework deadlines for Jonnie. I'm grateful that we have Monday the 19th off from work so that I can focus on getting ready for my trip to Cleveland which I am looking forward to very, very much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home