Sunday, September 28, 2008

Medical updates

It's Sunday and I wanted to get out some quick medical updates before I get a shower and run out the door to usher mass this morning.

Last week was the appointment with the GI doctor; you know, the appointment that was scheduled over 6 weeks ago? The appointment that was canceled on Monday and rescheduled for when dear hubby will be gone? The appointment that angry, dear hubby called about only to find out the rescheduled one was going to be canceled? Angry, dear hubby got me into the doctor last Thursday. Most of my time was spent with a fellow with a few fleeting minutes from his attending. I was poked, prodded, and questioned and stumped another two doctors. The fellow seemed to need convincing that I've been ill for a while and that I was having pain. I considered grabbing his neck tie while he pushed on my left side to hammer home that what he was doing hurt. I opted to wince instead. The result of that appointment is a upper GI endoscopy on Tuesday afternoon and a mammogram on October 17th. The latter is to rule out a possible issue with the breast itself. The fellow kept saying he thought I just pulled a muscle. I would have bought his thinking if the whole issue had started several weeks earlier in July after I got home from cleaning brush and weeds at my parents' house. I had two MRIs on Thursday night and do not have any results back from these yet.

Jon commented that I was looking better the past couple of days than I had in a really long time. My swelling had gone down and I did not have as much pain. I felt so good yesterday that I caught up on some much needed cleaning around the house. I must have gone a bit overboard because I do have some pain and increased swelling today but the house looks and even feels better!

Today's adventures include ushering at mass and grocery shopping. We may watch the NASCAR cup race later today and maybe some football. I hung out in the basement with dear hubby last night watching NASCAR and football which was a welcome break from cartoons!

Have a great week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home