Thursday, August 07, 2008

Day 2 without food

I am into day #2 without being able to have food. I got up at 6:30 AM so that I could have a glass of apple juice and a cup of green tea before 8 AM. After 8 AM, nothing is permitted until after the tests are complete.

I'm actually feeling pretty good. My left side has been sore since last night but I had to drink my colon prep yesterday which had me in the bathroom frequently until about 9 PM. I took a short walk around the neighborhood this morning and I did some reading. I decided to lay down because my left side was uncomfortable while I sat to read. I ended up taking about an hour nap laying on my right side. I've been a left side sleeper for as long as I can remember but that has changed during these past 3 weeks. I've had to start sleeping on my right side with some time on my tummy and my back.

Jon saw a very dear friend last night at his K of C 4th degree meeting. Our friend is still mourning the loss of his daughter; Jon attended the calling hours and served with the honor guard. He was telling our friend about my situation and his friend said that his sister had the same symptoms and she was diagnosed with colitis. I googled for colitis this morning and the symptoms do seem to be right on with what I've had for the past 3 weeks. The tests will be the determining factor. Jon and I already discussed some treatment options and I'm not surprised that Jon wants me to go with traditional medicine. I wanted to explore alternative treatment with herbs. We really have to wait and see what the diagnosis is and go from there before making any decisions.

We'll be leaving here in about an hour to head to the university. I'll post an update tomorrow with what I find out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home