Sunday, July 13, 2008

Time with the other part of my "sandwich"

With aging parents who need care and a young son who needs me, I'm classified as part of the sandwich generation. After spending several days with my parents and taking care of some business over the phone related to my Dad, I could now turn my attention to the other half of the sandwich which is my son.

During the work week, our nightly routine is that we watch "Blues Clues" together at 9:30 PM on Noggin. It's hard to believe but I actually missed this routine while I was gone!

While Daddy was away shooting cardboard bad guys yesterday, Jonnie and I had the day together. He did a great job of getting himself dressed but his standing outside the shower asking me "are you done yet?" was a bit annoying. We watched TV, we played with die casts from the "Cars" movie and I got the rusty ones, Mater and Fred. I tried to build him a new train track but failed. He said Daddy would fix it when he got home and he did. Jonnie wanted to check in my tomato plant; I'd already plucked 4 little "sweet 100" tomatoes before he came out to look. I'm not sure why he's obsessed with the tomato plant because he told me the tomatoes were gross. He learned that thistles are prickly and why we pull them out and throw them away.

Jonnie actually took a short nap late in the evening. He was done with me around 9 when I checked in with him before I wandered off to bed; he told me to go away because he was still trying to sleep. A storm woke me up around midnight and I found Jonnie in his room wide awake watching TV. He later moved to PapPap's room because he said his bed was too hard. *shrugs*

Well, I need to run. I have to be at church in an hour which is 7:45 AM because I am helping Gloria set up for our coffee social after mass today.

Have a great Sunday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home