Sunday, March 16, 2008

Mom and Mission trip

Thanks to everyone for their prayers for my Mom. She had a heart catheterization that resulted in her being rushed by ambulance from Ashland to Grant in Columbus. The original game plan was triple by-pass the next day. What ended up happening is that she had a heart attack so they ended up installing a stent in her artery that was 95% blocked. This helped to relieve the majority of her problems so the triple by-pass was not needed. She does an abdominal aneurysm that was found during catheterizaton and she has appointments beginning in May to start formulating a game plan for that. I spent 5 days with my parents after I took them back to Ashland to help restock their cupboards and do some cleaning since Mom is laid up for a while from doing some things. Luckily, I got home before the big blizzard!

A week from today, I leave for my Mission trip. It's so close now that I'm starting to get nervous. I will probably start trying to pack things so that I'm not scrambling to do laundry for things I want on Easter Sunday during the day. It looks like we'll be having a quiet Easter at home with just the three of us. Jon has a shooting match on Saturday and since I'm ushering mass Easter Sunday and leaving for my trip later that night, we're not going out of town. I need to take a crash course on my digital camera before I go to make sure it lasts for my trip. I know how to use it but that's about it! At work and at church, I did spent the past couple of months making arrangements to have people cover things for me during my absence. The one thing I didn't expect was ushering two weekends in a row so I scrambled and found a replacement for the 30th. We're supposed to get into Dublin by 1 AM on the 30th but there is always a chance for delays. I was concerned about getting home late and ushering on two hours sleep (not pretty) or not making it to usher at all. Since I was able to get things covered, I think I'm falling back to my original game plan which is that I'll go to 10:30 AM mass at the PAC so I can get a few extra ZZ's.

Well, it's time for me to get off here and take care of some other things before I start getting everyone up for mass. Have a wonderful Sunday and a great week!

1 Comments:

At 10:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home