Sunday, January 27, 2008

Strength of Serenity

God, please grant Jon and I the strength of the "Serenity Prayer".

Although misplaced at the moment, I have a beautiful card with the prayer on it that I was given when I was in the MOMS Group at church. I have a copy printed from the Internet posted on my bulletin board at work.

We're both dealing with things beyond our control right now and strength is waning (mostly from lack of sleep!).

Your strength helped me get through the IDPA meeting in Jon's basement room that I thought would never end!

Your strength will help both of us get through an OSNA board meeting later today. Jon needs more strength than me because he has to sit in the "meeting with no end" listening to windbags!

Please help us get through to the end of year when Jon's on-call period ends at work and he turns things back over to his co-worker Rich. Just in the past week, Jon has been called so frequently and had to go in off-hours that he's earned enough overtime to pay for the fancier than planned counter stools we bought with enough left to buy me the low-end digital camera I want for my birthday! The added money is a benefit but it comes at the sacrifice of sleep for both of us, especially Jon. Although I don't sleep well while he's gone in the middle of the night, I can at least lay in bed and nod off but he's at the office trying to resolve issues.

I know there will be more times when we need your strength and we will call on you unless you see our needs first!

Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home