Saturday, December 15, 2007

Open Letter to the Lord

Dear Lord,

Since you are all knowing, you know that I have prayed a Rosary and lit a candle in hopes of my husband and son still being alive in this winter storm and that they are able to return home, if not today, tomorrow or Monday.

Lord, I admit that I am an idiot. It was snowing when Jon and Jonnie left to go to the OSU recreation center this morning. I should have stopped them from going. After all, what good is Jon getting a cardio work out if he and Jonnie die trying to make their way home in this storm?

I have tried to keep myself busy as I pray. I mopped and dusted earlier this morning. I made a batch of oatmeal chocolate chip-raisin cookies that have well since cooled but I made them for Jonnie and I can't let myself eat one until I know for sure that he is alive. I've been folding family newsletters and stuffing Christmas cards but every time I see the picture of Jon, Jonnie, and I my heart sinks with thought that this stupid winter storm may have taken them from me.

Lord, I look at the boxes of membership dues invoices that Jon needs to send out for both the Council and the Assembly. It scares me to think that if Jon is dead that this responsibility will fall onto me. Jon's been planning for a state-wide shooting match in Circleville in 2008. I have no clue where his notes are to try and pick up the pieces of where he left off with his planning so that I could have the match in his memory.

Lord, please hear me when I say that I would give anything to have my husband and son back with me right now. I lit a candle with a picture of them on it trying to keep the light of your faith bright that they might still be alive.

Love,

Jodi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home