Sunday, December 09, 2007

A Few of my Favorite (and not so Favorite) Things

I thought I'd summarize some of my favorite and, not so favorite things, since my last blog post rather than going on and on in long paragraphs. I did that in our annual newsletter and took up the whole front page; I'm waiting for my husband to order a redo!

Favorite Things
Making an Italian Christmas Tree Chain with my son (red, white, and green construction paper loops)
Watching my son take construction paper strips and make 3 crosses (red, white, and green)
My son taking a Christmas card, writing his name on it saying that he needed a Christmas card for himself
Passing my second certification exam
Making & enjoying a delicious batch of deep chocolate cookies for my family
My Mom still worrying about me even though I'm 34
A big beautiful Christmas Tree that fills the room with more than its scent
Macaroni & Cheese with hot dog slices prepared by my husband
My son falling asleep early so I could go to bed early during Dad's Euchre night out
Sending surprise gift boxes to my parents and friends
A kind man who cleared my driveway with his snow blower and would not accept any money
Finding the perfect cabinets & granite counter tops for our basement kitchen
Seeing my son's picture with Santa and it being perfect
Signing Christmas cards
Praying & lighting the Advent wreath at dinner

Not So Favorite Things
The Flu
My Dad being hospitalized in ICU after another seizure
My Mom not telling me Dad was in the hospital until the day he was to come home
The Christmas tree that fell, has been repositioned, and now anchored in the past week
The Christmas tree that my husband had to have which he does not want to decorate
Dry wheat toast
Snow & Ice
Italian Lemon Cookies made for a Christmas Party that were dry & tasteless (later thrown away)
Canceling "dessert & coffee" with my friends due to illness
Missing Immaculate Conception mass due to illness
Shopping for cabinets & counter tops with a bored 4-year-old
Making address labels to mail Christmas cards
My son promptly blowing out lit Advent wreath candle(s)

This list has managed to summarize the past week here at our house! As you can see it's been crazy and busy. We are doing well this year by having our Advent wreath for the start of Advent this year! I think that is a first in our house. I tried to start what I hope will be a tradition of making construction paper chains with my son to decorate the tree. That was always something I enjoyed when I was a child.

May you and yours be blessed by the beauty of the season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home