Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, Everyone!

It's hard to believe that Jon and I actually were awake to see the ball drop last night. Usually it's been Jon who was awake and me who was asleep. Both of us kept nodding off while watching TV after Jonnie fell asleep before 10. I had to make some changes to our phone system at work so I needed to stay up at least until 11 PM. I fell asleep and woke up at 11:15. I made the changes I needed to make, washed up for bed, and decided that I might as well stay up. Jon fell asleep on the couch so I nudged his feet so I could sit in the one corner. We changed over to ABC to see Dick Clark. I'd forgotten about him having a stroke and I felt my jaw drop when he started talking. I admire him for not hiding the fact that the stroke impacted his speech.

It's very windy here in Plain City. I woke up before 7 and our pork roast and sauerkraut is in the slow cooker for today. We still have tons of leftovers in the frig. The dinner I made for Jon last night turned out really well. Neither one of us could eat all of our steaks. The peas and pearl onions even tasted good to the point that I chewed the peas instead of swallowing them whole. An sauce made of reduced orange juice with some garlic, pepper, and a little butter seemed to help a lot!

Jonnie helped Jon open his birthday gifts except for the big box. Jonnie told Jon that he might get too tired. Jon's not very emotionally so there is always a doubt of whether or not he likes anything you did for him or bought him. He seemed to think his Jimmie Johnson license plate frame, Jimmie Johnson t-shirt, Jimmie Johnson polo shirt, and Jimmie Johnson corn-hole or corn-toss set were okay.

After the gifts we moved on to the cake that Jonnie and I made on Sunday. I took the lid off the cake saver and was mortified. The top layer slid about a quarter of the way off the second layer. Jon managed to pick it up and put it back on the bottom layer so that he could cut the cake. It was delicious! I guess I know why chefs cheat and use chopsticks to secure the cake layers together. You just have to be really careful when you cut into the cake.

Other than going to mass a little later this morning, I don't think we have any big plans. We talked about going to the OSU rec center but I think maybe we'll just stay at home. It's too cold and windy to go out if we don't have to!

Have a wonderful New Year's Day and may you and yours have a wonderful 2008!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home