Monday, July 28, 2008

No news isn't always good news

It's been a week since I was in the emergency room and the doctors are no closer to figuring out what caused me to bleed last week. I continue to have abdominal pain on my left side which comes and goes in severity. I still have a low grade fever and I get tired very easily and quickly. It's frustrating not knowing what is wrong because I'd like to be treated and get over this mess.

I saw my doctor on Friday who took more blood and more urine. Neither yielded anything. I was given a test kit so that I could collect stool samples to drop off on Monday. Yuck - I have a new appreciation for nurses and techs who generally administer tests and work with the collections to obtain results. So far, no word back on the test kit. Next week, I have to have a colonoscopy. I was supposed to go out of town with my family for a reunion on my husband's side. However, I moved my vacation days to later next week on each side of the colonoscopy because the last time I had one, I was sick for three days straight and miserable. I figured that I would just plan for the time off instead of calling in sick. Since my husband hates to leave his Dad's house to come home, I knew that I could not make the trip and get home at 11 PM, unpack, and turn around and get up at 5 AM the next morning so I had to opt out of the trip. My husband will be out shooting with his brother all day on Sunday and my father-in-law is nice enough to watch our son since I cannot be there to take care of Jonnie while Jon goes out shooting.

Since I will have the weekend to myself, I am going to try and keep busy but no so busy that I collapse like I did yesterday when I pushed myself to get my chores done. Our church is having first Saturday mass along with confession. I am thinking about going to that and making sure I confess. Since death is in the back of my mind, I figure I should confess so if I do die, it will be with a cleansed conscience! There is a car show in town with our Knights of Columbus serving fish sandwiches. I may go look around at the cars and get some lunch. Depending on how I feel, I may consider mass at 4:30 on Saturday but can always go Sunday at the usual 8:30 time.

To help generate some "good vibes", my friend Sarah and I are praying the Divine Mercy Novena. We started yesterday and our nine days will complete on August 4th. I can't speak for Sarah but my prayer of the Novena is loosely based on the Divine Mercy Chaplet. I am lifting myself up in prayer to Saints Timothy and Titus who are the patron saints of stomach ailments. The stomach is close to the intestines so it seemed to make sense.

I need to run. My husband had to go to a Knights event tonight with some other men from the church. Jonnie had a sitter for an hour and half so that I could go to church for Adoration. Jonnie wants to play and I'm longing to go to bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home