Wednesday, August 06, 2008

The fasting has begun

Yesterday, I ate what we joked is my "last supper" at Digger and Finch. It's at least my last supper until Thursday; I'm optimistic that it's not my last supper ever! I told Jon that I hope the hospital doesn't ask me what my last meal was because fried pickles, 2 draft beers, fries, and a burger with blue cheese and bacon are probably not what they want to hear. The truth is that I don't normally eat like that; we had a coupon for Digger and Finch and since I will not be eating for a couple of days, I let myself splurge.

Today is the clear liquid diet which is actually translucent liquids you can see through but that don't contain any red dyes! I'm finishing a cup of tea and I had some water. I can take my prescription meds but I'm skipping my vitamins and supplements as I think those will make my nauseated without food. I have out a large mug that I will be filling with ice and enjoying arctic shatter powerade, some calorie free sparkling pear-dragonfruit flavored water, regular water, and apple juice. At 4 PM, I have to start drinking the dreaded cleansing beverage which I opted to flavor with Citrus Berry this year.

It's just me and the cats today until the guys get home. I will probably leave the downstairs while the guys eat dinner since I'll be well into hour two of my cleansing beverage and need to be near a potty plus I don't want to see Jon enjoying his leftover ribs!

I hope to have some answers to my health mystery after my tests tomorrow. I might not get anything posted until Friday since they give you really good drugs to relax during the tests. I recover for a while at the hospital but I found I want to go back to sleep when I get home. Depending on my stomach, I might have some dinner. I've already requested that Jon make macaroni and cheese which is a tasty bland comfort food!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home