Saturday, August 02, 2008

Trying to stay upbeat

I've been trying hard to stay upbeat even though I do not feel well. All of the tests that I have had so far have indicated nothing. This means, no one know what is wrong with me. I continue to have pain in my left side that varies by hour and can sometimes become quite uncomfortable. I've also gotten tired quiet easily. I had grand plans for my Saturday and ended up only leaving the house for a 10-minute stroll in the immediate neighborhood. When I went to bed last night, I decided to let my body dictate when I would get up. I slept from 10 PM until almost 9 AM with a brief interruption around 3 AM to check on Midnight who was howling like crazy.

For the first time since I've been sick, I was nauseous. I'm glad that has gone away and I've been able to have more to eat. I've done some laundry but have had to take it easy because my side starts to hurt more when I am carrying baskets around the house. I didn't think sweeping the floor would be strenuous but my side flared up by the time I was done.

It's been hard not to get discouraged. I think the one thing that has keep me going are the words of the Divine Mercy Novena that I've been reciting nightly since last Sunday. The Novena will wrap up on Monday.

I sometimes wonder "why me?". In mid-June, I made lifestyle changes to try and live an healthier life. I eat whole wheat pasta, brown rice, I love fruit, and I've enjoyed veggies like eggplant and asparagus that I normally don't have since the guys don't like them. I baked my eggplant for a healthy version of parmesean. I added baby portabellos to my chicken soup. I roasted some asparagus with a little soy sauce, a touch of sesame oil, ginger, and garlic that I cut up and tossed with whole wheat rotini. I drink green tea with coffee as an occasional treat now. I wonder if I had never made efforts to change my eating and drinking habits if I would still be in this situation.

Until the colonoscopy, I will remain as strong as I can, follow doctor's orders for the pre-test fasting on Wednesday and Thursday in the hope that some clue is found during the test that can help me find the road to recovery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home