Sunday, August 24, 2008

On my own

After this past week, I have decided to give up on my medical community to take care of myself "on my own".

My latest CT scan was negative and my doctor has thrown up her hands in defeat and referred me to a GI doctor. This doctor cannot see me until September 24th. Jon asked me to try and see his doctor; I called on Friday and they were getting ready to close and the woman who can schedule for this doctor is out until Tuesday.

Jon was gone when I got up yesterday morning but I called him and told him about my left side being swollen again. When he got home, I showed him. From roughly the waist up including my breast, my left side is swollen. I have a hard spot under my ribs where the spleen is located. I have all of the signs of infectious mononucleosis which has not medical treatment. The recommendations are rest, Advil, and Echinacea can help boost your immune system. I have decided to try and get as much rest as possible and just requested a couple of vacation days from work to make for a five-day weekend Labor Day weekend. Oddly enough, my staff haven't really taken time off until later in the week following the holiday. The vacation days let me get rest on Friday while Jonnie is at school which will be important since Jon will be in Circleville Friday - Sunday. The vacation day on Tuesday the 2nd lets me recooperate afterward.

Thank you to everyone for your prayers. I will get through this although it's been very discouraging as of late!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home