Sunday, February 01, 2009

Sunday Feb 1st Daybook

My second attempt at a Daybook although I'm altering things slightly compared to what my friend Sarah does in her daybook's. I don't want to be a copycat, right?

Outside: Dark - I can vaguely see a piece of the trellis outside the office window.

Kitchen: The upstairs one is currently clean but after breakfast and lunch, it won't stay that way. Jon was trying to clean his basement kitchen yesterday although you can't see the top of the island between the "moon sand" and the shot gun rest.

Planned Tasks: I am going to take the beer out of the frig in Jon's kitchen and lock it up in his ammo closet. If I can find a padlock for the zippers on the cooler, I'll use that, too. I'll reload the frig with diet coke and make sure there are pitchers of water. It has been one week since I last had alcohol (wine) and I need to keep it that way given that I'm on 3 meds now that say not to drink it.

Nose Inserted: I'm continuing to read "Sola Scriptura" and "Streetwise Spirituality" along with my "Daily Bible". I did not have a chance to read any scripture from the traditional Bible last week. I also caught up on newspaper reading yesterday - "The Madison Press" and "The Catholic Times". I flipped through some "Handyman" magazines before Jon recycled them looking for projects but I don't need a $4K toilet with a blood pressure cuff or a 252 nozzle shower head although it was pretty cool looking.

Folded Hands, Head Bowed: For Tony & Elaine who watched Jon III for us while we went to Cleveland in January. For the Nolan Family who lost Bob this week; calling hours are tonight with Jon leading the Honor Guard. For Dixie who is under the weather and is going in for surgery on Wednesday. For my husband who endured hours of waiting at the Cleveland Clinic as well as hours of driving along with my grouchiness while fasting.

In my Ears: I hear the hum of the furnace which came on at 6 AM. Our oldest cat Midnight was howling in the front room for whatever reason. Before the furnace came on, I could hear my husband snoring. When I walked past my son's room, I stopped briefly to listen to him sleeping.

Around the House: Two loads of laundry washed and put away yesterday. The floor in my kitchen should have been swept & mopped yesterday but it did not get done. Jon's piles of papers in the TV room are diminishing as he finishing filing and/or shredding. Menu for the week posted on the frig.

Rest of the Week: Preparing for a full week of work; my first in a long time! I do have to call and schedule my 2 hour glucose test and I'd like to get that done this week early some morning since it requires fasting. I have a seminar on main campus Tuesday at noon for the Lifestyle Intervention research study that I've been in. I missed last week's seminar since I was off after my procedure. I have Adoration on Monday, Jon has K of C 4th degree on Wednesday plus Jonnie has PSR. Friday night will be when I have to increase my Lyrica to 3 pills or 150 mg.

Random Thought: I don't understand how anyone can willing be addicted to a substance that requires the use of needles or syringes. I've had so much blood work during the past 7 months that I'm far more comfortable with it than I ever have been but I still don't find being a human pin cushion enjoyable. I can look at both arms and see spots where I've had blood work, IVs. My right arm is slight sore where I had my blood draw on Friday since my blood was not in a giving mood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home