Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Answers from a Fitness Book

Last night, I had 2 hours of Adoration. The Adorers after me could not be at their hour so I volunteered to take the extra hour. With the roller coaster I'd been on, my husband & I agreed the hour would be good. I also had lots of reading to do.

I need to rewind to before Adoration. Some of you know that I sought help from AA shortly before my 36th birthday. I was utilizing some on-line groups and bought AA books to help me. Yesterday, my family & were publicly humiliated on one of the on-line groups. The group did not understand or respect my situation, or at least a few did not. I prayed before I sent a response to the group further explaining that I'd not drank since 1/26/09 and that I sought help after a one-month drinking binge. That made things worse. The responses went from I was lying to that I really am not an alcoholic. I prayed and decided to unsubcribe from the groups. I received an email from one kind lady who supported how I felt. It appears that people are still bashing me & my family after I left.

During Adoration, I read a book that I normally would not read but I needed to catch up before my research study this afternoon. "The Culprit & the Cure" is a book about health & wellness with information about what to eat and exercise. The two chapters I had to get read last night focused on exercise. I used to exercise somewhat regularly before my 7-month pain issue. I tried a few times during those 7-months to fit in work outs but ended up sitting on my duff instead. I thought back through the time that we've lived in Plain City. I recalled the "Pedal for Pete" ride my family did and several 5Ks that I did including one where I placed 9th in my division. Exercise helps you mind, body, and soul.

I realized that it was during my one-month drinking binge that I had where I should not gotten off my duff and tried exercise and increased prayer rather than downing bottles of wine and feeling sorry for myself.

There are plenty of times in my life where I chose not to drink or if I did drink, I had one of two glasses and was done. Self-control is there; in December-January, self-pity overtook me and a well-stocked wine rack caused me to take the wrong road.

Thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home