Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday Feb 22nd Daybook

Returning to my Sunday Daybook format this week!

Outside: Dark, cold, icy.

Kitchen: It's pretty clean but it helps when I haven't cooked it in since Wednesday. That will change later today with brunch and dinner.

Tasks: Packing Jonnie's bag to stay with his friend Ryan Monday into Tuesday. Cleaning the house before my father-in-law gets here on Friday. Baking a cake for the fish fry.

Nose Inserted: I have fleetingly read parts of "Streetwise Spirituality" and "The Culprit & The Cure". I'll probably take one or both of these with me to Cleveland to read while waiting. I've read the "Daily Bible" from Guideposts but I'm slightly behind since I missed reading on Thursday. My focus this week has been on the "AA Big Book". I've read the foreward and two chapters and have been working on study questions from a study guide I found online. It's been very challenging. I did have to search and find a copy of the foreward from another edition of the book to complete some of the questions in the study guide.

Folded Hands, Head Bowed: For the Connery family who have an ill grandmother that might not make it through the weekend. For my co-worker Dana who lost her father last week. For my parents who will take Jonnie on Tuesday if the Connery's cannot. In Thanksgiving for the strength and courage God gave me last week to get through two social events with alcohol available where I did well and stayed with coffee and diet soda.

In my Ears: I downloaded a bunch of podcasts last week but have not yet listened to them. I downloaded some stories from AA that I can listen to on my shuffle. I downloaded some video podcasts for professional development that I have to watch on the computer.

Around the House: Amazingly quiet for the moment!

Rest of the Week: It's going to be busy! Monday is Adoration which is my personal hour with Jesus! Wednesday is going to be jam-packed after work getting ashes, getting Jonnie to PSR, and getting a cake baked. Jon has fish fry set up on Thursday where he delivers my cake and the "bank". I need to get the house fit to be seen before Jon's Dad gets here for the first fish fry on Friday. I need to get the to grocery store at some point. We have my follow-up in Cleveland with pain management, I am meeting my friend Pat on Thursday morning before my OSU health screening, and I need to drop off my ratty old orthotics in Dublin to be send away for refurb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home