Sunday, March 29, 2009

3/29/09 Health Secrets

For something a little different this week, I am doing a "self-interview" based on questions from "Health" magazine, page 176 - April 2009 that were asked of Daisy Fuentes.

Natural beauty: Let's the real you shine through and is more than skin-deep.

Natural beauty icon: Honestly, I don't know!!

Top skin saver: Cetaphil cleanser. I can buy it in bulk at Sam's and refill bottles in the shower and vanity plus it does not irritate my skin.

The runner-up: Concealer stick for those times when life gives me "bumps in the road". My favorite is from ELF that's only $1 (at least when I last bought it) that I get from Buehlers in Ashland. Reminds me that I need to go there and restock!

Top time-saving product: I'd have to say ponytail holders. I stick one in my pocket or bag plus I keep some in my desk at work should I forget to bring one from home. I can let my hair air dry in the car and pull it back after I get to work.

Best drop 5 pounds quick tip: Measure portions, drink only calorie free beverages, and get moving. Unfortunately, weight does not come off quick for me but it does come off if I do this!

Swimsuit season prep: None because I avoid swimming whenever possible. If my son begs me to go to the pool, I have my skirted slim-suit.

Natural energy booster: I love coffee and drink it straight up except for when I go to Starbucks. When I go there, I put nonfat milk in it to help cool it down. At home, I use water.

Most underrated feature: Brains. I really feel that intelligence is overlooked for external beauty. To prove my point, when have you ever seen a magazine cover with someone who looks like Velma from "Scooby Doo" unless the show was featured inside?

I still have to make peace with: My whole body! I started exercising again this month after a lengthy hiatus while I was in pain until my nerve issue was found in late January. The walking I do helps but I need to find time to get in strength training. I hate having to make Jon do the cat litter runs since the 40 pound bags are more cost effective and that he does the Sam's run when we need 40 or 80 pound bags of water softner salt. Mulching time is just around the corner and I'm hoping to be able to sling bags of mulch!

If you've read the article on Daisy in "Health", I regret that I do not have my own hair product line or tips to get you fit and gorgeous like was mentioned in her article!

Have a great week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home