Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Joe is no longer with us but Bill has a new home.

The other day, I posted that we had 2 additional family members. Unfortunately, Joe the caterpillar has passed on. Jon said he was very active in the cage last night so I don't know if he overworked himself or what. He was limper than overcooked pasta.

Bill the Grasshopper has been moved to a new, larger home. The bug cage wasn't very roomy plus it was getting a bit nasty. Bill's new digs are a large parm cheese container with holes poked in it for ventilation. When Santini's buy parm cheese, we get it by the pound so we can fill shakers as we tend to use a lot of parm. Anyhow, back to Bill. He has a new home with fresh grass, some sticks, and a shallow dish with water (I've got use that Pampered Chef stuff for something, don't I?). He did take a little run this morning which Tiger did not like as Bill hopped toward him. I was able to nab him and get him into his new digs.

I didn't have time to take pictures of Bill in his new place. If I have time, I'll try to get some shots and post them. Since I am working 9 AM to 6 PM today and heading to church for Vigil mass tonight, Jon gets to explain to Jonnie that Joe died. Given that Bill's new house is sitting on the island, it will be pretty hard to miss that he has a new home.

Have a great week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home