Sunday, July 22, 2007

Long time, no Blog

I realized it's been quite a long while since my last posting.

I've been swamped at work. We have been dealing with some personnel issues which has been quite challenging aside from the fact that my workload is increased roughly until after Labor Day. It will be even more interesting when my supervisor working with me in my department goes on vacation in mid-August. I'll be the only one available and on-call until she gets back and we get another supervisor hired. My boss is still working with me and we're trying to make arrangements so that I can have my vacation days on August 3rd and August 6th. I will not be able to go out of town because the other supervisor needs to be out of town; I think I get the benefit of being able to stay in town to be honest.

Jon and I attended our all-day vacation Bible school event "Journey with Jesus" yesterday. It was a neat program and a lot of hard work went into making it possible and I'm grateful to all those who worked so hard. Jon seemed rather disinterested and acted out occasionally but, overall, he was not bad. He seemed to really like Father Pat's presentation on scribes. I think part of it is Father Pat is simply a captivating speaker plus there were markers and paper.

I had a depressing weigh-in on Saturday morning for the second week in a row. Of course, I look back on the past week especially and I only have myself to blame. I realize that we had a crazy week and I didn't get dinner one night until late and one night I opted to stop and get dinner for Jon and I. The problem was that I made very poor choices in what food I bought. I told myself and my husband that I needed to get back on track with Weight Watchers and make the time to log my foods and to plan my meals. I saw already that failing to plan caused me to fail. I thought the lunch at VBS would hurt me but we were given healthy sandwiches, fruits, and veggies which made it easy to stay on track. Jon has been manning the grill and has served up tasty treats the past 2 nights for dinner. My biggest success is that I helped to serve a coffee & donut social earlier today and I didn't eat a single piece of donut! I touched every piece of donut that I was served because I picked up the donuts, cut them into pieces, and placed them on serving trays. I guess after touching all of the donuts, I was tired of looking at them!

We had our family Sunday at OSU today. I rode on a recumbent stationary bike for 30 minutes while Jon used an elliptical trainer. I was reading a new book called "Parenting with Grace: Catholic Parent's Guide to Raising Almost Perfect Kids". Jon and I walked the indoor track and picked Jonnie up and headed to the pool for an hour of water play.

I'd better wrap this up so I can get to bed shortly.

Have a wonderful week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home