Tuesday, June 19, 2007

What on Earth is going on at my workplace??!!!

Some of my co-workers and I are getting a little nervous about our work place. Let me explain.

Our Operations Manager has had unexplained health issues for the past couple of months that have included him being taken the ER by co-workers during the work day. Doctors cannot find a cause for the spells he's been having. This past weekend, his wife had a minor heart attack so he has been at the hospital with her yesterday and today. She should go home today.

One of our Optical Engineers, who reports to our Operations Manager, was taken to the hospital with chest pains this morning. We do not have a status on him at this point. Our Ops Mgr was going over to see his wife and was going to try and find our co-worker, too.

Since we have no idea what has caused these issues, no one really has good information about how we can protect ourselves. All I know is that I've let my weight creep up so I immediately signed up for Weight Watches Online (again). I know that extra weight can cause heart related issues so I decided to stop goofing around given what has been going on around me.

I'm a member of our Operations Management Team (OMT) here at work along and all of us have been given additional projects over the past couple of months. I'm working on a new overlay phone system for my department. I am also the lead documentation writer for a state-wide networking initative with another state organization. Combine this with my regular job duties and an excess of meetings and my four 9.5 hour days and my one 8.5 hour day per week hardly give me enough time to accomplish it all. Nine times out of ten, I work through my lunch break except when Jon & I plan lunch together or if I reach a breaking point and need to go outside for some fresh air to clear my head. All of us on the are on call 24x7 as well.

Things are a bit scary here at the office today with recent happenings. I have put in more prayer requests in the past 2 days than I have in the past 2 months, I think.

Well, I'd better get back to work, my quickie break is over. In a few minutes, I attend one of three meetings today squeezing lunch in between.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home