Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Home from my retreat

I returned home Sunday night from the Cum Christo retreat. I was physically exhausted but spiritually renewed. It was a wonderful experience and I would highly recommend Cum Christo (or Cursillo) to anyone. I cannot provide details because I do not want to spoil the experience for anyone who might attend in the future.

Following Cum Christo comes Ultreya which are weekly meetings at the Cum Christo Center in downtown Columbus. We are required to attend the first 3 Ultreya meetings immediately following our weekend. Of course, the 3 required meetings fall on nights that my husband has meetings, too. He's skipping his meeting tonight but we have babysitters coming in for the next 2 meetings. The family down the street whose daughters are babysitting are very happy with us right now; 3 babysitting jobs in 3 weeks. The budget is groaning because of the unexpected expense but it will be worth it. We are encouraged to attend Ultreya on a weekly basis. I discussed this with Jon and although part of me would like to do so, I don't feel making the weekly committment is reasonable giving our family calendar. I have Adoration on Monday nights, I am in night school on Tuesdays through the end of July. The spirit is telling me that spending 3 nights a week away from my family IS NOT the thing to do. The spirit must have also seen my online checking account yesterday and realizes that paying for a babysitter 3 Wednesdays a month is not financially feasible, either. Jon and I came to an agreement that I will attend Ultreya on a monthly basis on the one Wednesday during the month that Jon does not have a meeting. I'm also not sure that I could physically handle 3 late nights right in a row. I've been lucky to be in bed by 10:30 PM each night this week. That might not seem late to some but when I'm up at 5:30 AM and leaving for work by 6 AM, it can wear on ya.

Jon and I also talked about trying to find a babysitter so that we can go and celebrate our anniversary. We received an invitation to an anniversary party for some friends which falls the day after our anniversary. We have talked about getting a sitter and attending the party except that I realized the party falls during one of Jon's monthly shooting matches. We need to discuss this further and decide what we want to do.

Well, I had better get back to work.

Blessings to all for a wonderful week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home