Sunday, April 01, 2007

My First 5K is complete!

Yesterday, I completed my first 5K race. Although my time of 50 minutes, 17 seconds was a personal best, I did not score very high in the race itself. I finished 143rd out of 157 participants. I was 15th out of 16 in the 30-39 age group. Okay, so I have a little work to do but I am happy that I finished and that I'm not too terribly sore this morning!

I am working to revamp our eating habits as a family and not just myself. Jon has his health assesment on Friday and his cholesterol, glucose, and body mass index were all out of line from where they should be. His blood pressure was good which is a plus! I bought groceries yesterday and all of our lunch entrees I purchased were Lean Cuisine or Lean Pockets. I'm even starting with Jonnie by replacing his cheese balls with the Quaker Quakes cheddar cheese rice snacks. He didn't seem to mind yesterday.

I'd better close this up for now. I need to make my breakfast. I also have more reading to do for my night class which starts up on Tuesday. I'm very glad the instructor arranged that we could get the books prior to the start of class!

Enjoy your Sunday and stay dry!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home