Sunday, March 25, 2007

Sunny Sunday

It was nice to get a sunny day today after several gray, rainy days. I did just put out some grass seed yesterday on the wet grass and it could have benefitted from a little bit of rain on it but it will get more rain starting tomorrow.

Since the weather turned out nice today, I decided to tackle mulching early this year. I headed off to Lowes and bought 6 bags of Dupont's rubber mulch. It is almost $12 per bag but if I don't have to mulch every year, it will be worth the investment. I used all 6 bags on my front flower bed. I also bought some stone-look plastic edging. I need to go buy another box because I need at least one more piece out front and then I'll use the rest elsewhere. I bought a perma-mulch tree ring but Jon had me store it in the garage for now. We have a huge mound at the base of the tree and I need to level that out plus I think I'll end up using a bag of the rubber mulch with the tree ring. I bought a roll of perma-mulch edging to put around my rose garden out back but I need to go buy another roll to finish it right. I'm looking at another expensive Lowe's trip sometime this week to pick up another round of stuff to finish things up. I have some flowers that are popping up out front. At the end April, I plan to replace one of my dead rose bushes and plant new plants in my planters on the front stoop. I also need to find something for the side of the house. I was able to get sunflowers to grow from seed so I might go that route again.

I was watching the race with Jon and came down to check on Jonnie before I fell asleep on the bed!

I haven't weighed myself recently so I don't have any weight loss news to report. I did have a health assessment on Wednesday and all of my numbers as far as blood pressure, glucose, and cholesterol were good. My only bad number was the body mass index or BMI which is my height-weight ratio. I'm at 27 and I should be 24 at the high end. I am working on that problem although I ate terribly yesterday. I craved potato chips and ice cream which I indulged in.

Time to get back to the race although there are still several hundred laps to go. I might try to get in more reading. I have just under 200 pages left to read of "The Masks of God" before I have to return it on Saturday. I already renewed it once and that is my limit.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and have a wonderful week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home