Sunday, March 11, 2007

I CAN Do it!

I posted last night that I want to work toward walking in a 5K which is 3.1 miles. I was doing some on-line reading and I found a couple of local events sooner than the one I planned for in August. The first 5K is on March 31st over at Beekman Park which is on OSU's west campus. I am fond of this park because it's a park I like to try and walk during the spring and summer as a work break if I don't have meetings with digniataries in the afternoon.

Given that my first 5K that I hope to do is only a few short weeks away, I challenged myself this morning to walk the 3.1 miles. After mass and brief socializing at a coffee & donut social (I only ate 1/2 a donut), I changed clothes and headed over to the high school track. It felt really cold at first but I warmed up in a hurry. I was walking to a really upbeat podcast that was actually for runners. I did try a little bit of running but that did not go so well. I ran a short distance on the track and I later tried running the bleacher steps; I thought I was going to die! I returned home and was only gone a little over an hour which included driving time. I walked 3.26 miles in total.

I did take a soak in the tub to help my sore legs. Going outside and playing a bit with Jonnie also helped, too.

I'm so excited that I did the 5K or 3.1 miles. I knew I could but needed to prove it to myself!

Blessings for a wonderful week!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home