Sunday, March 18, 2007

Weekly Update

I seem to be on a roll of posting once a week a series of updates so here goes the updates for the past week.

Jonnie received a certificate for attending the preschool/pre-K science fair the other night with Daddy. They only made it through a couple of activities because Jon said Jonnie got bored while waiting for them to explain what was being done at each station. Gee, like father like son!

I've been continuing to monitor my diet and exercise although I did have the fried fish and fries that I enjoy on Friday night. I've learned that if I really want something, I'm better off eating it because if I don't, I tend to eat myself out of house and home making up fo what I didn't eat! I've lost 4.3 pounds so far. On Wednesday, I took my workout outside since it was such a nice day. I walked to the park, walked the park trail, and came back home which is 3.36 miles! I'm also doing some strength training to help my muscles. Yesterday's cardio was walking in the grocery store and cleaning the house. Vacuuming, mopping, and dusting aren't as much fun as just being able to go out and walk but I got exercise and my house looks better, too.

Normally people save the best for last but I have not. I had finished my chores yesterday afternoon and was getting ready to go to the family room to enjoy my treat of a cold beer and the NASCAR Busch race when the phone rang. My Mom was returning my call from earlier in the day. I did find it a bit strange that Mom & Dad weren't home when I called because the Buckeyes vs. Xavier game was on and my Dad doesn't miss OSU football or basketball games when they're on the tube.

Mom told me that she and Dad watched the game but it was from a hospital room at MedCentral in Mansfield. My Dad apparently fell down the the stairs and landed on the landing. Mom said he was not having a seizure but he was sitting there oddly and making weird noises. Mom called 911 and they came and took Dad up to Samaritan Regional just up the street from the house. They were in the ER for a while because the doctor on duty called Dad's doctor who said to call the neurologist. The neurologist said to have him taken over to MedCentral which is his home base and were they have more neurologically advanced stuff. Dad went over in a squad while Mom went home and called over to my Grandma's house since she's in Mansfield. My Uncle Bobb was visiting so he brought Grandma Woodruff and my Aunt Dorothy over to the hospital. The only thing we know now is that they are going over MRIs with a fine tooth comb because my Dad has lobes in his brain that have been enlarging over the past several years. This was nothing to worry about until Dad could no longer use the bathroom on his own or he could not walk without falling. BINGO! The treatment? Cutting open my Dad's brain and inserting stints to help fluid flow. At this point, we're waiting for more information. My Dad told my Mom to tell me not to drive up for this. They're afraid that I'll lose my job. I told Mom that I would respect their wishes unless it's determined that there will be surgery. If there's surgery, I'm looking at the schedule and I'm coming up there. Mom seemed to understand.

There you have it, the weekly updates for the Santini clan. I need to run because it's time to get myself a shower and pull everything together for 8:30 AM mass.

Have a wonderful Sunday and blessings for a safe and productive week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home