Monday, April 16, 2007

Almost Retreat Time!

It's almost time for my Cum Christo retreat that I go to later this week. I leave Thursday night and get home late Sunday night. I've been working so hard to make sure I have all of my "ducks in a row" so to speak . I'm not allowed to take my cell phone or have any communication with my family while I am gone. Jon will have a number to call in case of an emergency. I think an emergency would involve bleeding or hospitals and not "Do I try the towels on low or medium?". I started packing my bag because I need to take linens with me as well as clothes because I'll be staying in a dorm. My sponsor recommends ear plugs so I need to dig through Jon's shooting bag to get a set although they would probably bug me worse than the noise.

Aside from trying to keep up with laundry so I don't have guys running around without underwear while I'm gone, I've been studying ahead for my night class since I am not allowed to take my course book with me to read. The only book I'm allowed to bring in the Holy Bible. When we were at the store this past weekend, I tried to make sure we bought enough stuff so that Jon doesn't have to mess with a grocery trip while I am gone. I wanted to try and cook some meals this past weekend and divide them up into containers so that Jon would only have to microwave something. We have leftover "speedy lasagna" and venison chili which will probably be eaten before I leave. It's a good thing that Jon knows his way around the kitchen and that he's comfortable driving through a drive-thru.

I'm looking forward to the time away yet I know I'll miss the guys and the cats a lot. I am hoping to have lunch with Jon tomorrow so we can have an hour to talk uninterrupted before I leave. I don't think Jon and chalk up 1-2 hours of time to talk as a couple in a week unless we get together for lunch during the work day!

I'd better close up for now. I need to head off to disaster recovery meeting. Have a wonderful week!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home