Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I am alive, belive it or not!

I know it's been a long time since I posted so I wanted to let everyone know that I am alive.

We survived Easter. I spent a couple of days with my parents and had a nice time. Jon and Jonnie went see his Dad. My mother-in-law came in for a marathon visit and left early Monday morning to drive back to Kansas. I got to ride from Ashland to Plain City with her and we had a nice visit. She and I started planning a graduation party for my sister-in-law Diane who will get her education degree from Kent State on Mother's Day. I'm sure Chris will help me keep my sanity the day before Diane's party when we have the birthday party for Jon's 4th birthday. She is always so good about helping me come out smelling like a rose whenever she's around and I'm throwing a party!

In other news, I submitted my application to take the Certified Manager Program exams and my application has been approved pending receipt of my college transcript and my check to pay for the exams. I have started taking some practice tests and so far I'm doing pretty well. I have to have the exams completed by July 2008. I complete the coursework this July. The young ladies that babysit for us will be happy because I'll probably be hiring them a lot so that I can take time to go and study. I personally would like to have the exams completed before the end of the year.

Jon and I are supposed to weigh in this weekend. Yesterday was a hard day for me as I was extremely hungry mid-way through my night class and completely ravenous by the time I got home. Jon came downstairs before I had a chance to eat something and I didn't want to eat in front of him since I've been pressuring him so hard to lose weight to reduce his cholesterol. He went back to watch TV upstairs so I grabbed a snack pack of cookies from the cupboard (still within my calorie range for the day). I heard him coming down the stairs and quickly shoved the food in my mouth only still to be busted. The fuel helped keep me going during our hour long argument over Jon's birthday party.

I'd better wrap up for now. I need to head off-site for some training today. Have a great rest of the week and try to enjoy your weekend. I know I'll be up at dawn both days. Jon has to go shooting on Saturday so I'll be getting up to study before Jonnie gets up and then there is mass on Sunday. No rest for the wicked!

1 Comments:

At 1:50 AM , Blogger Gerry said...

This was quite nice to read....and looks like you had a good time...and well as Mothers Day is approaching i'd also like you to visit my blog on Mother's Day Wishes sometime and check out all that i've posted there...i'm sure you'll enjoy your visit!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home