Wednesday, April 18, 2007

My retreat starts tomorrow!

I am so excited because my Cum Christo retreat starts tomorrow evening. I have the whole day off work tomorrow and a contractor is supposed to come sometime tomorrow for general maintenance on our water purification system but I should have the day to myself otherwise!

Jon and I met for lunch yesterday over on main campus to try and spend some time together before I leave. We did get to talk some but a noisy food court in the medical center parking garage wasn't exactly relaxing. The next month is a blur with work, school, Jonnie's birthday party, and my sister-in-law's graduation party. I need to sit down and take a hard look at the calendar and find a night that Jon and I can go out. We have a babysitter coming in on April 28th but that's because Jon and I miscommunicated and we each committed to something thinking the other was going to be there to watch Jonnie. Oops. Our 11th wedding anniversary is coming up June 8th but I know we can't go out that night because all of our babysitters were given free tickets to the Clippers game that night because the church is taking the altar servers to the game. It has been so long since Jon and I have had a "date night" that I cannot remember when it was! We meet for lunch during the work week which is nice but rushed since both of us need to get back to work.

I was trying to find a summer camp for Jonnie but I had the idea entirely too late. I also was a bit disappointed that I could not find the "pack a knapsack, buy a sleeping bag, and send the kid away for two weeks" kind of camp. Most of the summer camps are only 4 hours a day during the work week. Uh, thanks, but I'll just keep my kid in daycare. I know it sounds awful that I want to send my son off to camp for a couple of weeks but I love my son dearly but I think the experience would be good for him to grow and it would give Jon and I time as a couple.

Unfortunately, I don't even have the option of sending him off for a week with his grandparents. I know my parents could not handle Jonnie for a week since both of them are 72 and my Dad's health has declined. My mother-in-law is in Kansas and I know she'd love to have him but with so many projects on her plate, it's hard for her to take time off. My father-in-law has a house full of people living with him and it might not be hard to stuff Jonnie in a closet to sleep for a week but is that fair to anyone?

I am hoping that my retreat this weekend allows me to connect closer to Jesus Christ and that this helps to fill the void I'm feeling right now by not being able to connect with my husband. I know it's not the same but I still hope it helps me cope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home