Friday, June 15, 2007

Hair Today, Gone Today

It took me two years but I finally reached my goal of having an 8-inch pony tail that I could have cut off to send away to the Pantene Beautiful Lengths program. Pantene partnered with HairUWear to collect hair to make wigs and hair pieces for cancer patients who need them. I read about the program in a magazine and went to the web site and requested a packet 2 years ago. Every month or so, I would have Jon measure my hair. It seemed to take forever. Part of it was, too, that I opted to pull my pony tail further down my neck so my hair would not be quite as short when I got it cut.

The stylist cut off the pony tail and we put it into the zippered baggie while she worked to make my hair into a stacked bob. My hair is shorter in the back than the front and sides which sounds a bit weird but I really like it. My head feels so much lighter.

After my hair cut, I went to Kroger and bought groceries, and then stopped at the post office to put my hair in the mail. I got home and when I talked in the door, Jonnie ran in the kitchen and told me my hair cut was beautiful. My husband scowled and said it's better than he thought it would be but he doesn't like short hair.

Tomorrow we're having some folks over for a cook out. I think it's the simplest party I've ever planned. I went to Sam's the other day and bought most of the food plus wine and beer. I bought veggies and dip at the grocery tonight to throw together a veggie tray. Jon is in charge of the meat because he doesn't want me to burn everything to a crisp. While I'm feeling relaxed and totally looking forward to tomorrow, my husband has been cleaning frantically. He told me he spent an hour scrubbing the burners on the stove clean. You need sunglasses in the kitchen when the light shines off them now. Jon typically only cleans like this when his Mom is coming to visit but her last few visits were last minute because of circumstances beyond her control so she saw the house in its true form. I thought I was helping by sweeping the kitchen floor. Jon mumbled that I should scrub and mop it.

We have some family time planned for Sunday. I asked Jon what he wanted me to make him for breakfast on Father's Day and he said he'd appreciate it if I didn't try to cook anything for him. I bought a tray of cinnamon rolls from the Kroger bakery. We are going to go over to the RPAC (recreation center) over at OSU Sunday afternoon. They offer babysitting for $2 an hour. Jon and I are going to take an hour to ourselves to work out and then we're all going to go swim in one of the pools. We're taking a bit of a risk here by going out on a Sunday afternoon. Jon's Dad calls every Saturday and Sunday to make sure we've dropped everything to watch the race. I asked Jon if it would be a problem for us not to be home and he said he would take care of it. I have always been afraid to be away from the house because I didn't want Jon to get in trouble with his Dad by not watching the race.

I'd better close. Jonnie just pooped in the potty (second time today, yeah!) but he has not put his bottoms back on. I guess that means it's a good time to give him a bath.

Have a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home