Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Walking the path to forgiveness

As I wrote in my long post yesterday about our new neighbors, I said that I needed to revisit the issue of forgiveness. My bitter feelings toward them were consuming me which made me an angry person who could not say a nice word about them when my husband would mention them.

The truth is that I don't know why the complaint was filed against my yard and my husband points out that perhaps a comment made in passing was taking out of context by the realtor and turned into a formal complaint. This is a good point and another reason why it is wrong for me to hold bitter feelings toward this new couple.

During my Adoration hour last night, I prayed and I prayed. I scrounged around my purse for money to put in the collection box so I could light a candle under the Mary statue. I chose Mary because the new woman next door is quite pregnant and I suspect that she will be due anytime. It seemed appropriate to look to Jesus' mother to help me with my forgiveness issues. Aside from forgiveness, I asked for strength to be a good neighbor and even, perhaps, a friend. I asked to be a good example for my son and to help teach tolerance.

I feel much better about the whole situation.

Blessings,

Jodi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home