Friday, June 08, 2007

11 Years Ago today

at 2 o'clock in the afternoon at the Clintonville Women's Club, I married Jon Arthur Santini, Jr. It's hard to believe that it's been 11 years; the time has flown by. Although it has not always been easy, we've managed to live through our wedding vows so far! We've gone through the richer and poorer with Jon being laid off twice, my promotions, household projects. We've been through "sickness and health" with Jon's hernia operation and the blood pressure scare, and my depression treatment in the last year alone. This can be extended to health concerns we've had with Jonnie during the 4 years he's been in our lives and also my parents health issues a few months ago. I think we grapple with "better and worse" on a regular basis because each of us (mostly me) can have bad days, get stressed out, and otherwise not be as understanding toward one another as we should be.

Jon and I are celebrating today by having lunch at the Happy Greek Restaurant at the South Campus Gateway. Jon's Mom took Jonnie for an evening last month while we were in the Salem area for Jonnie's birthday and my SIL's graduation which allowed us to have a night out early for our anniversary. Unfortunately, we shot our babysitting budget with overlapping meetings in April and May that required us to have babysitters 3 weeks in a row.

Since I'm taking a lunch break today, I'd better get back to work! I wanted to take a few minutes to share the joy of this day. I hope to blog about many more wedding anniversaries in the future!

Blessings to all for a wonderful weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home