Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Letter to NASCAR

Dear NASCAR,

I did not realize how inconsistent or varied your racing schedule was until I sat down during breakfast this morning and started entering races onto my calendar so I know when my husband is not available. Jon's family is strict about watching the races; he is called to make sure he is watching the race sometimes at the beginning, middle, or toward the end. To avoid conflicts and the wasting of money like I did when I bought hockey tickets for a game that conflicted with NASCAR, I am putting your races on my Outlook calendar.

I've only entered races through September 6th at this time but I was blown away at how often the races change. You have a few on Saturday nights but most are on Sundays. Some start at 12:30, some at 1:30, some at 3:30. We had family outings scheduled on Sundays that I had to cancel once I realized that it conflicted with NASCAR, specifically Sprint Cup, races. Since my husband has the membership to the recreation center, my son & I cannot go without him. Once I enter the rest of the NASCAR Sprint Cup schedule into my calendar, I know there are more Sunday family outings that will have to be canceled.

It would be wonderful if you could offer consistency in your schedule. If I know that from February through November that my husband is unavailable 1:30 PM to 5:30 PM because of a Sprint Cup races, that would be preferable. Of course, asking NASCAR to change its scheduling is probably as likely as it is for my husband's family to loosen its strictness on race viewing.

A Dale JR Fan and former NASCAR race viewer,


Jodi L. Santini

(PS - I'm not actually sending this to NASCAR. I just needed to get my frustration out! I used to watch NASCAR regularly but since the spying started to make sure we were watching, I frankly got pissed off and stopped watching on purpose.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home