Sunday, May 03, 2009

How we're keeping busy

There's never any shortage of things to do here at the Santini House. Generally, we tend to have the issue of how we're going to fit it all in.

At last Wednesday's PSR class, Jon's class invited Father Pat to come in for a celebration as the last class is this week. The children showed him how they do the "Sign of the Cross" and they recited the "Our Father" for him. Sounds crazy but I had to hold back tears! I think it was because not only did the kids do a great job but it triggered the memory for me of when I learned the "Our Father" as a junior in college.

On Thursday evening, Jon got Jonnie out on his bike and he rode around the neighborhood. Jon suggested Jonnie practice for the trike a thon he was doing at school on Friday. The school managed to get the trike a thon in outside between rain showers but I don't know how many laps Jonnie rode.

Friday brought lots of rain come afternoon-evening. I dropped my car off at the Ford dealer for the 80K service package and it was raining when Jon picked me up. It started pouring on the way to the school. We managed to get the bike & everyone into the car without getting soaked. The rain slowed down by the time we got to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner. I promised my husband dinner since he was driving me around and I needed to get groceries. Jonnie had his Pap-Pap's favorite of corn dogs, Jon tried the chicken tender slammers, and I had Asian zing wings. Yummy! Once we got home, I changed the sheets in what used to be our spare bedroom. Jon had been sleeping for about 3 weeks and was sick during that time. He went back on-call for work and having his cell phone & the house phone not in the same room as him proved to be a real wake up call when I had to take both down to him at 2 AM Friday morning. Not to mention, Jon is not really easy to wake up so he should be by his alarm clock. Jon his in the large bedroom with the big TV and all of his other techie stuff. I'm in the small bedroom with the small TV (I wouldn't care if it was there at all), alarm clock, cell phone charger, lamp, books, ceramic elephant from Jonnie, and my picture frame with pictures of Jonnie & Pope John Paul II.

Saturday brought the opportunity to sleep in and I woke up a little after 7. Jonnie wanted to hang out with me even though I have a small TV and he ended up staying there all night. After lunch we were able to get my car back before we had to go to Jonnie's play. We did not realize that we would have to sit through 7 other plays before Jonnie's class came on. However, we were able to get seats up front so that I could see. Jon took his tripod and video camera and I took some pictures with my digital camera. The video of the play will eventually be on YouTube and I'll download photos from my camera since I promised pictures for my Mom by Mother's Day. We went to Wal-Mart as we promised Jonnie post-play. Jonnie got some huge Star Wars Lego set that cost more than the hoodie & capris I found on clearance, a new pedometer, and ant traps we also had. Jon had coupons for Best Buy so he and Jonnie went there to look for movies. I went to World Market to gaze at all the goodies they have plus pick up some unique wines as well as birch salad bowls and some bamboo tongs that Jon found. We get home and Jon fires up the grill for grilled corn on the cob & steaks. Of course, his Dad calls to make sure he's home to watch the NASCAR race that was on last night.

I managed to schedule one 5K per month through the end of the year. I only have the 1st and 3rd Saturdays to work with or Sundays. If I do a Sunday 5K then I have to go to mass on Saturday. If it's a 2nd or 4th Saturday, Jon is out shooting so Jonnie ends up going to mass with me on Saturday and mass with Jon on Sunday. I guess it won't hurt him.

Jonnie's birthday is coming up this Friday, May 8th. It's hard to believe that he'll be 6 already. He keeps changing his mind on what he wants to do now. We were going to the House of Japan. I guess we'll decide something by Friday. A month after Jonnie's birthday is our wedding anniversary. It's year #13 for us this year. I leave for vacation on our anniversary which Jon said was perfectly okay. I wanted to take him out to dinner at the Montgomery Inn probably after I get home from vacation. He's shooting as soon as I get home and I have to check the NASCAR schedule so to make sure we're not away from the house during the race. Jon's Dad calls to make sure he's watching the race and it's sometimes at the beginning, the middle, or the end. We missed half a hockey game at the arena a few weeks ago because Jon's Dad called to make sure he was watching the race as we were walking in the arena. Jon got in trouble so we sat in the pub watching NASCAR on one TV and the hockey game on another so Jon could tell his Dad he watched the race. After spending over $100 on tickets for the hockey game, I was pretty well ticked off so I learned my lesson. I'm not taking Jon out for dinner at $30 a plate and end up leaving in the middle with doggie bags so Jon can come home and watch the race.

Today, I completed my promised rosaries for the "One Million Babies" program going on this weekend. I committed to praying the Rosary on Friday and Sunday. Later today we're all going over the RPAC since NASCAR was on last night for family day. I'm going to walk 3.2 miles (5K) as practice for my 5K next week.

I'd better run & get some breakfast. I have to be at mass early since I'm ushering.

Have a wonderful week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home