Saturday, December 02, 2006

For once, a slow Saturday!

I don't know if we intended for today to be a nice, slow Saturday but it has been and, thank GOD for that! After several busy weeks, it has been nice to take it slow today. Even our son was nice enough not to show up until 8 AM to wake us up this morning. I got up eventually and made my way downstairs for coffee and food. I went back upstairs and we watched cartoons with Jonnie including "Handy Manny" which I'd never watched before. He's like "Bob the Builder" with a Spanish accent and a talking set of tools. After lunch, I thought Jon was going to bring our Christmas tree inside. I laid down on the couch and woke up an hour and a half later when Jonnie came downstairs to get a movie. We finally did get the tree in the house a bit ago and it's soaking up water and corn syrup right now. We're going to put lights on it tomorrow. We have talked about doing lights and just our ball ornaments this year since we will not be home for Christmas. We have lots of other ornaments that are in boxes and neither of us feel like messing with them this year. When we host Christmas at our house again, we'll get the 15-foot tree and get out every ornament we've got!

Jon's cooking dinner tonight. We're having a family favorite of cabbage and bacon served with egg noodles. You were probably expecting me to say spaghetti and meatballs, right?? Fooled you but we do like that, too.

I hope all of my loyal readers and anyone stopping is having a great weekend so far!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home