Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Go away! I don't like you!

Now that I have your attention or that I've offended you and you have gone away. :-(

Several times a week, my son often tells me "go away! I don't like you!" when I try to get him out of bed to get him dressed for school in the morning. This morning he told me that Daddy was his friend but that he didn't like me. Ouch, that hurts my feelings just like my arm is a bit sore from my flu shot yesterday.

Obviously this was on my mind as a drove into work and I came to realize something.

If we don't take time to stop, reflect, and pray even for a few minutes each day, we are basically telling GOD the same thing my son tells me. We tell GOD to "go away" and "I don't like you" when we won't give him even five minutes of our time. I know there are some days where you feel like you barely have time to breathe but these are the days when it's even more critical that one stops for even just five minutes for a quiet prayer. By taking this time, we reach out to GOD and say "I need you" and "I Love You" or "You are important to me". Taking just five minutes for prayer will help you recharge your batteries and repay you more than whatever else you did not do in that time.

I know that maybe tonight or another day this week that Jonnie will say "Mama, I Love You" and that will erase the pain I feel in my heart when he tells me otherwise.

1 Comments:

At 9:48 PM , Blogger Sarah Reinhard said...

So true, Jodi!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home