Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Off to the Races!

I feel like we've been "off to the races" all this week. I'm not saying that because we watched the Nextel Cup Race on Sunday nor am I saying it because I've lost track of how many times we've watched Cars since Jon picked up our reserved copy last night. It's been a very busy week.

We had the Bishop's event on Monday after work. Bishop Campbell seemed quite impressed with Jonnie, dirty clothes and all. Jonnie babbled to the Bishop and Father Pat about ducks sitting in a cornfield. My friend Sarah has some toys at the office for her daughter Beth and Jonnie took off with the shopping car. The nice thing about it was that it saved me from carrying the diaper bag, his duck, and his cup. The blessing ceremony was very nice. I got to see Father Sill and Deacon Dan from London whom I met at a RCIA retreat last spring. We also saw Father Eilerman from our former parish in Columbus. The food seemed to go over very well and there wasn't much left when it was time for me to go.

Thankfully, we both voted by absentee ballot so that was one thing we did not have to mess with on Tuesday. I went to the dentist and was hoping that Jon would be ready to by and get Jonnie but his training class went haywire so he hadn't even left work yet. When everyone finally did get home, we enjoyed multiple showings of Cars. I especially like the cameo appearances by Dale Jr. Please note that Tony Stewart, Jimmie Johnson, nor Jeff Gordon had cameo appearances but Dale Jr. did. :-)

Tonight I'm the one who got out of work late but Jon had dinner ready when Jonnie and I got home. I ran a couple of errands and Jon had a Knights meeting. Tomorrow is class night so I won't be home until late.

Jon and I both have Friday off as an OSU Holiday. We're taking Jonnie to school and then going to Jon's doctor's appointment to find out about his possible surgery. The cats are seeing the vet later that morning and I've made lunch reservations for Jon and I at Jason's in Dublin. I have studying to do plus I have a ton of stuff to do for the homeowner's association. I'll deal with that once my rattan file box arrives from Staples tomorrow.

My 4-week food plan from Medifast should arrive on Friday. I'll be starting the plan on Saturday. I eat 5 Medifast meals a day and then a regular dinner. My goal is to lose 25 pounds.

In the words of Lighting McQueen: "Float like a Cadillac and sting like a Beemer!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home