Sunday, December 03, 2006

The Day's Getting Better

Today hasn't been the greatest day of my life but it hasn't been the worst either.

Sometime before 1 AM, I left my nice warm bed and headed for the family room couch because my husband's snoring was unbearable. I snuggled in a handmade quilt and got comfortable when I heard feet. Our son came downstairs and came up on the couch at my feet. I put a blanket on him and he went to sleep. My cell phone alarm went off at 6 AM so I stumbled to the kitchen to brew coffee and headed up to the master bathroom for my weekly weigh-in. I really bombed this past week and ended up gaining 3 pounds. I've been really upset with myself today and have stayed on plan except for tasting some pumpkin bars I made for a Christmas party we're going to on Wednesday. I'm not the best cook and I didn't want to chance taking something that didn't taste good. They taste good!

Jon and I got to watch the Browns game today and they won in OT! I finally got labels printed for Christmas cards after Jon came to my rescue. We haven't done anything with the Christmas tree yet but we might get to it later this week. I found "white elephant" gifts and wrapped them up for the party we're going to on Wednesday.

I'm not as angry with myself about my weight gain as I was this morning. The only person I can be angry with is myself because I am the one who chooses what food goes into my mouth and I did not make the right choices. Period. I'm starting to get more into the Christmas spirit. I'd like to get started with Advent but I need Jon to find the wreath and despite looking for purple & pink candles since last Advent, I have yet to find them. I have purple stubs!!!

While my son is asleep, I'd better tackle some other stuff before we have a healthy dinner of chicken with stir-fried vegetables.

Blessings for a wonderful week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home